Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)

Go down 
+2
Jordan Knight
Isabella Taylor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabella Taylor

Isabella Taylor

Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) Empty
PostSubject: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 am

Isabella walked into the classroom promptly on time. The students chattered until the teacher cleared his throat. "Today, we are learning about Alarte Ascendare. Who can tell me about it's properties?" Isabella rose her hand. She'd been reading her spellbook to catch up with her missed years in Hogwarts, but evidentally, she'd gone a bit far ahead. "Yes, Isabella, right?" The teachee said. She nodded. "Alarte Ascendare is a spell used to launch an object up into the air. You point your wand at the object and make a flicking motion upwards, while saying the incantation Alarte Ascendare."

The teacher nodded in approval. "Correct. Now, today we practice this spell. Remember: Point it at your
selected object and flick upwards, while saying Alarte Ascendare. Don't try to lift the person beside you!" He looked pointedly at a particularly mischievious-looking student. The boy slumped in his seat, evidentally disappointed. "Ready? I'll give you the rest of the period to practice, but next class you must demonstrate you can do the spell in one try. You may start now." The room started filling with flashes of light, and objects flying about.

Isabella retreated to a nice corner in the room to practice the spells. She didn't want to get hit and lifted up in the air, as a couple of the students were actually doint at the moment. She pointed her wand at an abandoned chair and uttered carefully, "Alarte Ascendare." The object rose slightly, but didn't go as high as she intended it to go. Oh, well. She had the rest of the class period the try. "Alarte-"
Back to top Go down
Jordan Knight

Jordan Knight

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Jordane sighed and got up with the rest of her classmates to practice the new spell. She moved to the back corner, near a girl with black hair, but not too close. She closed her eyes and practiced in her head before pointing at an old DADA book and saying, " Alarte Ascendare" The book instantly rose smacking the ceiling before sailing back down, narrowly missing a red-headed boy.

The professor walked over, " Good job Miss Knight, 3 points. Keep up the good work." Jordan smiled politely, even she liked being praised by a teacher.
Back to top Go down
Annabelle DeArbour

Annabelle DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:32 am

Annabelle moved along with the rest of the class, ready to practice the spell, moving to a relatively wide spaced area she concentrated and sounded the incantation

"Alarte Ascendare"

She spoke clearly and correctly, imitating the correct wand movements pointing a stool near the corner of the classroom, at least she thought she did. Instead the spell seemed to shoot above the stool and into the desk in front of it, making it shoot up to the ceiling with a loud thud, startling her and as a result making her lose her concentration, sending the desk back down with a crash. Annabelle jumped at the sound and several students nearby yelled in surprise,

"Oops"

"Miss Fey! 5 points from Hufflepuff! What were you thinking! You could have injured one of your classmates, should it happen again you will get a detention! There will be no silly wand-waving in this class!" Annabelle could only sit back and take the lecture as the professor left no room for her to argue and explain what had happened. Watching mournfully as the professor turned away from her and crossed the room to help a nearby student.

'I got scolded and it hasn't even been a day, how depressing' She thought with a pout, mock glaring at the desk as if it was all its fault 'Professor didn't even noticed that I did the spell correctly...' Annabelle looked back at the desk again and added '...sort of'
Back to top Go down
Robert Grant

Robert Grant

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Robert scooted into class, not wanting to be marked late. Unfortunatly, the professor spotted him.

"Mr. Grant! Two points from Hufflepuff for tardiness!" the professor said. Robert mentally rolled his eyes. Points didn't matter as much to him anymore. Looking at the board, he saw that they were working on Alarte Ascendare.

Mouthing the words to get a good feel for it, Robert pulled out his wand and pointed it at a book.

"Alarte Ascendare!" he said. The book did nothing. Stupid book!

"Alarte Ascendare!" he tried again.

"Mr. Grant, you would preform the spell better if the correct end of your wand was being used," the professor said as he strolled by. Flushing a little, Robert turned his wand around and said "Alarte Ascendare!"

The book floated a few feet in the air. Wicked!
Back to top Go down
Casey Weasley

Casey Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Casey walked into Defense Against the Dark Arts late... again. Unfortunately the professor noticed and called her to his desk. "Ms. Weasley, late. Hmm... 7 points from Hufflepuff. May I ask why you are late to yet another class? The other professors have told me about it in there classes, but I will not tolerate it." he said. Casey shrugged. "I lost track of time." she commented nonchalantly. The teacher just sighed and shook his head. "You lost track of time, well I can assure you that will not be tolarated later in the year." then he lowered his voice, "You are the last person I would expect this from Ms. Weasley. What would your parents say? Your brother never did this" Casey almost flinched, her brother. Of course she was always compared to her brother. Everytime she went somewhere people knew her brother. She always got the same reaction, 'Your Arthur's sister?' She got tired of it. When she went home over the summer, her parents had barely acknowledged her. Her brother just tried to push her harded, by signing her up for a bunch of classes she didnt want to do. "Well, I guess Im not like my brother." she said hottly. Her professor just nodded then told her to get to work. Casey walked to the back of the room, ducking as she passed Isabella and Annabella. She wasnt in the mood to talk. She reched the back of the room then she turned away from the front and pulled out her wand.

"Alarte Ascendare." she said simply, her voice shaking. The object she was supposed to be moving shuddered slightly then sat there. She tried again. Nothing happened. Casey closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Alarte Ascendare" her voice shaking with surpressed anger. The book lifted the tiniest bit. Now Casey was very frustrated. She tried one more time, her voice cracking with the effort to contain her self. Instead of the book flying up, it flew towards her, hitting her smack in the face. Casey fell into the wall. Angered. "Another 5 points from Hufflepuff, Ms. Weasley. Do try and do the spell correctly. You could of injured one of your classmates." he said bored. Casey had just about had it. She shot the professor a glare. One that she had been told chilled people to the bone. He just looked at her then the book with a meaningful glance. She glared again before turning to the book.

"Alarte Ascendare!" she said angerly. The book flew up, to the cieling then hit the floor with an audible thwack. She looked at the profesor like 'See, I can do it properly.' He merely glanced up then nodded with aproval. Probably used to Arthur doing things better, she thought. She then walked up to the professor. "Was that better. Oh and, I may not of injured on of my classmates, but incase you didnt notice, I did injure myself." The teacher looked at her wearily. "Watch your tone young lady. I should take more points for that but I have already taken enough points from Hufflepuff this class." then he glanced at her nose, "Oh, and your nose is bleeding slightly. You may be dissmissed to go and fix it, if you must you can go to the infirmary." he said. Casey glared at him again. Then, feeling heat in her eyes she stormed out of the class.

Casey stormed down the hall, but before she could get to the bathroom, she was already crying. She stopped and slid down the wall. Then she just sat there. She put her hands in her face, when she pulled them away there was a little bit of blood on them. She reached into her bag and grabbed a tissue. Then she sat there and continued to cry.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Colin walked into class, late. He knew he was late and personally he didn't care. if the professor called him out, then that was his problem.

"What is it with all the late students today?" the teacher asked out loud. "Mr.....Blair," he said after checking his list, "five points from Ravenclaw."

Colin glared at the professor and got out his wand.

"Alarte Ascendare!" he said, pointing it at his bag; which he had emptied before hand in order not to harm any of his classmates. The bag floated feebly before dropping back down.

"Alarte Ascendare!" he tried again, wanting to keep the bag in the air. The bag went a little higher but didn't stay up for the amount of time that Colin wished.

Hearing the teacher's footsteps, Colin almost growled out, "Alarte Ascendare" and watched the bag hit the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)   Defense  Against The Dark Arts (1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense Against The Dark Arts (1)
Page 1 of 1