Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a breath of fresh air

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

Just a breath of fresh air Empty
PostSubject: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Colin sat by the lake, breathing in deeply. He was wearing a grey short-sleeved shirt and jeans. He always wore jeans, no matter how hot or cold it was.

He loved it here. No Grandmother sneering at him about his father, no mother trying to teach him things they'd already gone over. Granted, he still loved his mother, he just didn't like repetition.

Looking up from his book, he thought he'd heard someone approach. But he saw no one.

"Hello?" he said, setting the book down.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Emilie once again couldn't stand the thought of being inside for much longer. She wasn't sure why, since it was probably a better idea to be inside and finding where her classes were. Still, she was soon walking outside and inhaling the somewhat cool air, crossing her arms to keep in her body warmth. Now that she thought about it, she should have grabbed a sweatshirt.. at the moment, she was just in her dark washed skinnies, purple v-neck, and flats. At least she didn't have to wear her robes at the moment.

With a small shrug she headed off in the direction of the lake. She hadn't visited yet since coming to Hogwarts, and she really did wonder if all the hype around it was worth it. Ryan said it was but then again, her opinion was usually different from his.

Once she saw the lake though she did have to smile. It was.. peaceful, and rather nice. She would admit that much. She wandered even closer toward the edge, not even paying attention to the fact that she was only a few yards away from someone. Until she heard a masculine voice, and she blinked a few times as she glanced sideways. Oh..

"Uhm.. hi." She replied slowly, glancing down to the book before back to his face. She'd never seen him before, but of course that didn't surprise her. She knew close to no one, as if she needed to be reminded.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:02 am

Giving a small smile to the girl as he noticed her for the first time, Colin marked his place as to not be rude and got up. His grandmother had taught him to always stand up if a woman was around. She called it chivalry. He called it dead boring, but the girls seemed to find that sort of thing attractive. At least the muggle girls he'd been with before.

"Are you new here?" he asked. "Oh, Colin Blair. Ravenclaw Seventh Year."
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:13 am

Emilie noticed the boy's smile and was soon relaxing, offering him a small one in return. She was always a friendly person and that wouldn't change now. She turned her body more toward him then the lake, focusing on him completely now as he closed his book and stood up. She opened her mouth to protest, not wanting to be the reason he stopped what he was doing, but decided against it. Well his actions were certainly.. different.

She pulled a slight face at the mention of being "new", but nodded. "That I am." She replied, pausing as he introduced himself. "Emilie Porter, Sixth Year Gryffindor." She replied, another smile on her lips.

"What were you reading?" She asked, gesturing toward the now-closed book.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:21 am

"Oh just a book on Animagi I snuck from the library at my house," Colin said. "Actually, I summoned it. I try to avoid libraries as much as humanly possible."

"Nice to meet you Emile," he added. "What brings you out here to the Lake?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:28 am

"Oh, really?" Emilie replied with slight interest, taking her time in strolling closer to him so that they weren't such an awkward distance apart. If they were going to have a conversation, it made the most sense to move. "Anything interesting in there?" She couldn't say she'd ever read a book on that particular topic before. She wondered if maybe he had a reason for the interest, or if he was just curious.

"A Ravenclaw, avoiding the library? Oh, the horror." She said with sarcasm, bringing her wrist over her forehead dramatically. "Don't you just hate those stereotypes?" She added with a chuckle.

When he said it was nice to meet her, she gave him a look. "And how do you know that yet? By the end of our conversation, you could regret having talked to me." She pointed out with a somewhat amused grin. Yup, she could be a pain sometimes. "Oh, just trying to see if the lake was as great as everyone makes it out to be."

She glanced back out toward it before shrugging. "I guess I have to say I do agre with everyone's opinions."
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:33 am

"Not really, but the books my mum likes to gather up always have really long introductions," Colin said. "I'm about halfway through the intro. I do want to be an animagus when I get older. I think it would be cool."

He chuckled at her statement of the horror of a Ravenclaw avoiding the library. "I do," he nodded.

"It's always nice to meet a fellow Hogwartian," Colin said with a smile. "If they don't curse me, it's even better but no one has so far."

"It really is," he nodded. "First year here for me, so I thought it'd be a good place to read."
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:41 am

Emilie had never read a lot on being an Animagus, but she supposed that it would be pretty interesting to learn about. Perhaps when she got in one of her random reading moods, she'd go and crash Ryan's library in search of a book that could fit her needs. And if that proved to be useless, she'd actually consider dropping in on the school's library. She chuckled at her thoughts, re-directing her attention to Colin.

She couldn't help but smile a bit at his answer to her earlier words. "How about if they charm you with their striking good looks and alluring personality?" She teased, a playful glint in her dark eyes. "Although maybe you're immune to that. With looks like yours, I would imagine you're quite the heartbreaker yourself." Her words were spoken nonchalantly. It was just the way she was, always speaking her mind with no true intention of insulting anyone. That had practically been a compliment anyhow.

"First year here for you, too?" She said, curious now. "Where did you go before coming here?"
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:46 am

"You know, I've never actually had that happen to me before," Colin said. "But you're on your way," he teased back. She was good looking, he had to say.

"I've had a few flings but nothing too serious," he said. "Longest relationship was two weeks I believe."

"Homeschooled," he told her. "And thanking Merlin Mum came to her senses before she taught me another thing we'd already gone over."
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:55 am

Emilie couldn't help but laugh a bit when he teased her back. "Oh, am I? Lucky me." She teased in return. She appreciated the compliment, but she wasn't the type of girl to get all red and giggly over one. "And I'm not even trying. I wonder what would happen if I really put the charm on." She replied with a grin, tossing her hair over her shoulder with another laugh.

She wasn't really surprised when he mentioned his relationships. "Well, I've got you beat." She replied, not ashamed by the facts at all. "I've never been in a relationship." She stated, before smirking. "Haven't found someone who can handle me." Now, that didn't mean she'd never hooked up with anyone or anything along those lines, because she had. But she didn't mention that.

Homeschooled? That was different. "I.. well. I don't know why I was sent here to live with my brother." She replied shortly. "He's the Deputy Headmaster here, so that's why I was enrolled." She added. "You like this better then homeschooling, I assume?"
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Smiling a little, Colin said, "I'd be putty in your hands."

It was true, and made him wonder just what had happened the day his father met his mother. He knew they were both drunk, that much he heard from his grandmother.

"That I find hard to believe," he shook his head and gave his trademark grin. "Though maybe that's why none of mine have worked out."

"Ah," Colin said. "I heard a girl giggling about how cute Professor Porter was. See you've inherited the family looks. And yes, I like Hogwarts a lot more than my mum blathering on about something we've gone over fifty different times."

(OOC: girl is Pam Wood)
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Emilie regarded him with clear amusement on her pretty face, smirking a bit at the very thought. "Looks like I'll have to try turning on that charm sometime then." She replied nonchalantly, the smirk still very much visible on her lips.

Her brow rose questioningly when he said he found that hard to believe. Placing a hand on her hip as it jutted out to the side, her gaze met his. "What exactly is it that you find hard to believe, hm?" She asked, a slight attitude seeping into her words. Not a mean attitude though.

She wrinkled her nose at the mention of how 'cute' her brother was, but let it slide until he mentioned her having inherited the family looks. "That your indirect way of calling me cute?" She mused, chuckling. "And yeah, I can see where that would get bothersome." She paused, glancing out toward the water for a moment. "I don't mind it here, I suppose." Another shrug, and time for a subject change, in her opinion. "The scenery certainly isn't lacking." I added, still looking at the lake put tossing him a pointed look with a smirk.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to keep walking around the lake." If he came or not, was entirely up to him.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Colin chuckled as she wrinkled her nose. "Yeah, guess it is," he nodded. He grinned at the pointed look she gave him.

"Thank you m'lady," Colin said. He got up and joined her in her walk.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Emilie wandered forward a few steps, before slowing down enough to turn around and face him. "You guess so? Gee, thanks." She said with a laugh, clearly not offended but deciding to poke fun at him anyhow. He didn't seem to mind her teasing nature and she was in a rather playful mood at the moment.

"Oh, you're welcome.." She said with a chuckle, shrugging a bit as if it were no big deal. She wasn't shy when it came to speaking her mind, but if he wanted to thank her she wouldn't object. At least that meant he wasn't completely self-centered and focused only on his looks.

She smiled when she noticed that he was going to walk with her, and so she turned back around to face in the correct direction, waiting for him to appear on the side of her. "We should play a question game or something. I don't like silences and well.. I wouldn't mind getting to know you more." She suggested, glancing toward him for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:04 pm

"Okay," Colin smiled. "You can go first."

He wasn't a big fan of silences either, especially when he was walking with a member of the fairer sex. Guys, it was a little better but not by much.

Hogwarts sure was beautiful, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Emilie glanced down toward the ground with a knowing smirk when he told her to go first. "I find it hard to believe this is just another case of 'ladies before gentleman.'" She said teasingly, looking up at him again as she met his gaze. She didn't mind going first, and it was true that she probably should have considering she'd suggested it. Still, she felt the need to tease him about it, like she did with everything else.. perhaps it would be better to tone it down a bit. She didn't want him to get annoyed with her.

"Hmmmm.." She began in thought, looking up at the sky in concentration. "We'll start with the basics." She decided with a shrug. She'd go from easy, non-invasive questions to something else, depending on how long the game went. "What's your favorite color?"
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:06 pm

"Ah, but where else would the phrase "Ladies first" come from?" Colin asked teasing her right back. "If not to hear lovely women like yourself speak?"

"My favorite color?" he thought for a moment. "It's blue. What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Emilie actually considered his teasing question before shrugging with a chuckle. "Showering me with compliments today, are you?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at him sweetly before smirking. "Can't say I mind." She added with a laugh, the smirk developing into a smile.

She nodded as he repeated the question, laughing again at the answer. "I probably should have guessed that. Ravenclaw, blue.." She said, the smile still on her face. "Mine? Pink. Purple." She said, before asking her next question. "When's your birthday?"
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Colin smiled as Emile batted her eyelashes at him. It was funny, in a friendly sort of way.

"My birthday is March 12," he said. "Sorry for repeating the question, but when's your birthday?"

Back to top Go down
Emilie Porter

Emilie Porter

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Emilie nodded when she learned of his birthday, storing it in the back of her mind for future reference. She was never terrific when it came to remembering birthdays but that didn't mean she couldn't try, right? "Pisces.." She said thoughtfully. She pretended to give him a look when he repeated her question yet again, but she gave him a joking smile. "It's fine.." She said, before replying.

"August 16." She paused before adding. "Leo." She wasn't sure why she felt the need to say both of their zodiac signs, and she shrugged with a sheepish grin. "Age of first kiss?" Some stories she heard were rather cute, she wondered if Colin's would be the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a breath of fresh air   Just a breath of fresh air Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a breath of fresh air
Page 1 of 1