Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice from a ghost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

Advice from a ghost Empty
PostSubject: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 am

I sighed entering Myrtles bathroom.
I remembered the accident perfectly, though the bathroom had been repaired since then.
In my mind i saw my cauldren bubbling on the floor, Heaven chopping ingredients, still heard the explosion, Myrtles shrieks...
And I was tired. I was really, really tired, all of the sudden.
The weight of my life and my duties was crushing me, slowly. The late nights of a Huntress, the heartaches of a girlfriend, the sorrow of a sister...it was past the point of hurting, it was just exhausting.
I felt alive with Evan, my burden was lighter around him.
I was wearing my normal clothes, but held my dagger in my hand, twirling it absently.

"If you throw that I´ll scream again." a girly voice mused.
I looked up and saw Myrtle sitting atop a stall.
"Hello Myrtle."
"Gwenevere. Come to explode my bathroom again, I suppose?"
she sniffed.
"No Myrtle." I sighed rolling my eyes slightly. God she could be annoying.
"So, are you going to kill yourself? Because if you do, then know that Im not sharing my bathroom with you."
she nodded.
"No Myrtle. I´m not. And I know. I know. I´m an evil little bitch who blew up your bathroom. In case you don´t remember, it was an accident and it cost me my sight." I snapped at her.
"Oh blablabla. Quit your little pity parade miss I`m-alive-and-can-see-and-have-a-damn-sexy-boyfriend. Look at yourself. God you´re pathetic. Oh boo hoo, a guy fell in love with you and you broke his heart. Oh boo hoo you have to be a baddie and be all powerful. Oh blablabla your boyfriend doesnt love you and would probably rather be fucki-"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed throwing the dagger at her, sending it straight through where her heart would be.
Tears were in my eyes and I glared at her.
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP SHUT UP!"
She laughed.
"Trying to kill me? I´m already DEAD!" she flew down and yelled at me before laughing in my face.
I lunged at her instinctively crashing into a sink.
She laughed harder.
"FUCK OFF!" I yelled glaring up at her.
She was right..completely and utterly right..and she knew it.
She smirked and flew off, leaving me to my *pity parade*
If so much was right in my life..why was everything so wrong?
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Cataline wasn't one to visit a sight where ghosts wandered. Yet, there were times when she had been the subject of envy among many of the ghosts that represented the four Houses of Hogwarts and the immortal knew all of them just they knew her. Eternal life was both a blessing and a curse but it surely better than being a phantom that is bound to this plane of existence.

As she neared the bathroom, Cataline could hear a lot of shouting going inside and she casually walked in to see an unknown girl throw a dagger straight through a ghostly phantom that she knew as Myrtle Henderson even though her moniker "Moaning Myrtle" was more renown. The ghost was apparently laughing at the expense of the girl, who was going ballistic.

"You know, ghosts like her will never have a fulfilling life after choosing to stay behind instead of moving on." Cataline remarked as she leaned against the wall. "Don't fall for her baiting you like that."
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

I looked up startled, then sighed, "She´s right though. So much is right but it feels so wrong.." I looked at a mirror and saw my reflection.
I could barely recognize myself.
"I´m sorry, you don´t want to hear about this, I´m Gwenevere Coop- DeArbour." I covered before shaking my head.
"Okay you saw my dagger,I´m Gwenevere Cooper, head of the Cooper Huntresses, I´d appriciate you keeping it hushhush?" she sighed.
She didnt want two lives, she had never wanted two lives, it was too hard, too dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:53 am

Cataline merely raised an eyebrow at the girl's admission. A Cooper Huntress and the head of the group? She would've been impressed but the immortal had seen younger leaders in various factions that had been active since the Renaissance Era.

"Very well and it's Cataline Albion." Cataline answered coolly while still leaning against the wall. "And what is it that you really want for yourself? Your true wish from your heart of hearts? Questions that you're better off asking yourself and how you want to spend the rest of your existence."
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 am

Was it really what I wanted?
Evan? yes. No doubt, I was in love with him.
Jay? I had done too much damage, he was better off without me.
Huntress? I didnt knoiw.
I wanted to protect the ones I loved. I didnt want them to worry though.
What did I want...
"I want...I don't really know...I want a balance I guess, a balance between my lives..." I said softly leaning against the sink.
But was a balance possible? What I was doing resembled a tightrope act, one wrong step and..
Back to top Go down
Cataline Albion

Cataline Albion

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 am

'Oh sheesh. Balancing of lives?' Cataline thought. Surely, Gwen should know that living more than one kind life has variation on difficulties.

"A balance." Cataline murmured in a bored tone. Yep, she herself had tried that throughout the many centuries that passed. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Why balance when you can incorporate more than one into a single measure of fluidity? Screw the cultural expectations set by society and be your own person.

"Or perhaps it's the complete acceptance of yourself by others that you seek?" Cataline suggested. "Acceptance where you are free to be yourself without anything to hold you back?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice from a ghost   Advice from a ghost Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice from a ghost
Page 1 of 1