Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wow, that's a sharp sword!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

Wow, that's a sharp sword! Empty
PostSubject: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Rows of armor suits and weapons lined the armour room as Indiana calmly browsed through the

Perhaps the temptation was too great or perhaps it was the fascination in seeing the kinds of armor and weapons that were stored and displayed here. Indiana eyed the halberds before looking around in all directions. Seeing no one present and that he was alone, Indiana took hold of a short sword that was as long as his arm before moving it slowly. The weapon was a bit heavy when held with one hand but Indiana wasn't too bothered by the weight.

He slowly moved it about, trying to get a good feel of the sword and wondered on why swordsmanship was never taught here at Hogwarts. Pretending that there was an imaginary enemy behind him, Indiana swung the sword in a downward slash, cutting through the empty air before stopping the blade just an inch above the ground. He continued to swing the sword through the air around at a speed that wasn't too fast but wasn't too slow, making a series of intricate motions all around him while keeping an eye out to make sure that no one was around him.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 am

Marcus had always known vaguely that the castle had an armoury, but he had never really bothered to actively find out where. Now he was facing the door though, idle curiosity won him over, and he decided to leave returning his sister's book for another day.

He pushed it open. There was already someone in there, using a sword that was broader than the ones his mother used, but rather shorter. The style this person was practising with was quite different as well - more focused on slashing up and down movements rather than the thrusting style he'd normally associate with sword-fighting.

If he was his mother, he'd probably challenge them. If he was his sister, he'd sniff loudly and grumble about how the style she was used to was infinitely finer and more precise. Marcus was Marcus though and settled for a:

"Hi. Which style are you using?"
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Indiana stopped when he heard a voice before turning to see a younger student that he hadn't met or seen before. Noting the question, he wasn't too sure on how to answer.

"Well, it's just a few moves here and there that I've seen. Nothing special really but it's more reminiscent of the Wushu-style." Indiana replied as he placed the sword down. In reality, he wasn't good with sword styles regardless of their worldly origin. With the advent of firearms, bladed weapons have become obsolete. After all, what's the point of using a sword when someone could shoot a revolver?
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 pm

"Cool," Marcus said, noting the name in his head. "I'm more familiar with the traditional French duling style myself." His hand hovered over a training foil hanging on the wall, but it was a pistol grip, so he moved it to the left.

He reached up and picked up the epee, automatically adjusting his grip. "My mum and sister fence for sport. I prefer the history of it though." He grinned apologetically. "Sorry; I tend to ramble sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Indiana noted the student's response and nodded. French saber-fencing, eh? He's seen plenty of that so had an idea on the style and form.

"It's fine." Indiana replied before adding. "Oh, and the name's Indiana Lamperouge."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Marcus grinned. "Can still be sorry though," he said amiably. "I'm Marcus Pulie. It's nice to meet you. Any particular reason you're up here or just drawn in like myself?" he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:57 am

"Just bored and with nothing better to do. It's all about finding something to do to kill the time." Indiana replied. At the same time, Marcus's surname struck bells and Indiana couldn't help but ask.

"Are you related to Julie Pulie by chance?"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:34 am

Marcus made a face. "She's my older sister. We try not to hang out too much or else we end up trying to kill each other," he said with a shrug, grinning at Indiana. "I take it you know her?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:36 am

"Indeed. I met her last year. She seems like a nice person." Indiana answered although, judging from what Marcus was saying, he had never seen Julie to have a vicious streak. Perhaps that side that was indicated to be in a sibling rivalry... well, Indiana didn't have to imagine what goes on between Marcus and Julie.

"Anyways, swords have their benefits and liabilities." Indiana remarked as he placed the sword back on the wall before walking over to a halberd and taking hold of it. The thing was a bit heavy and he decided to quickly put it back on the rack. "Still, since when did witches and wizards ever used any of this equipment? I always thought that they just used their wands and such in the Middle Ages."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:11 am

"They probably did, but wasn't that around the time the statute of secrecy kick in? They probably had to hide themselves a lot better, and these weapons aren't so bad for defending yourself and poking holes in other people," Marcus said with a shrug.

He moved along the rack, looking at several types of pike. "Benefits and liabilities is about right though," he said dryly, looking at the evolution of the pole weapon to combat the different types.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:46 am

"The Statute wasn't there during the medieval times. I guess they either did or decided to keep some armor and weapons as trophies from the Muggle world in those times." Indiana remarked as he looked at the shields and bucklers.

"Pity that Hogwarts doesn't have a class on swordsmanship or fencing as those could certainly be of great value." Indiana remarked.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

Marcus nodded. "Makes sense, I suppose."

At the next statement he grinned. "I wish they did; I love fencing. For some reason poking people with long bits of metal always appealed to me. I think it's genetic," he said. "Any violent tendencies down your family?"
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Indiana noted Marcus's question and he knew that there were a good number of examples.

"Well, there's just the unrivaled skills when it comes to firearms. Nothing special since anyone can learn how to shoot a gun." Indiana answered.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:11 am

"Yes, but it's the same with a sword. Anyone can learn how to wield one, but it takes skill to do it properly and with panache," Marcus said amiably. "I'd imagine firearms are somewhat similar. Arrows are at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Indiana Lamperouge

Indiana Lamperouge

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Indiana agreed on Marcus's assessment regarding the need for skills to wield firearms and swords. "Indeed they are. Yet, with machine guns being in existence and abundant ammunition being supplied for them, it looks like the only things needed are how to aim and how to wield them properly but that's just a one-sided view. Perhaps there are other factors that I might have neglected."

The youth then continued to browse the gallery, looking at the various shields and coat-of-arms that lined the walls.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Pulie

Marcus Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:15 am

Marcus wrinkled his nose. "I didn't factor in machine guns," he said, sounding quite put out. "They don't count anyway, not for real skill," he said dismissively, knowing that there was probably some level of skill involved in it, but not really caring.

Watching as Indiana began to look over shields Marcus felt a little out of depth and slightly awkward; the fencing style he'd been taught didn't use shields. He walked in a similar direction, but stopped at a rack of bows that seemed to evolve through long, short and recurve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow, that's a sharp sword!   Wow, that's a sharp sword! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow, that's a sharp sword!
Page 1 of 1