Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  Empty
PostSubject: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Colin knew he'd struck gold when he found the room with all the sharp pointy objects. He did have a fascination with muggle weapons, anything muggle really. If it drove his grandmother insane then it was alright with him.

Looking around, he admired all the different objects but the swords were the coolest. No one was around. Would anyone mind if he just picked one up, just to feel how it felt?

Nah. He picked one up and felt it in his hands. He felt like a knight from the old days, the ones who would ride into battle and save the fair maidens.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:56 pm

I decided to take a stroll around the castle. I was feeling in a rather adventurous mood at the moment, and after noticing that no one was in the Slytherin Commons, I ended up roaming the hallways. Nothing really caught my interest, and as I reached the Sixth floor, I exhaled heavily. So much walking with no particular destination in mind.. how boring.

That was when I made the decision that the next door I came to, I would explore what was behind it. I hadn't really explored much of Hogwarts if I were being honest, so I didn't have much of a clue of what some of the rooms were.

Doing as I'd promised myself I opened the next door I saw, peering inside. My eyebrows furrowed together when I noticed all the armor, my interest drawing me inside. I was quiet about it, letting the door close almost silently behind me. It took me a couple of seconds to realize I wasn't the only one there.

I recognized the guy as Colin, and I chuckled when I noticed him picking up one of the swords. "Didn't think I'd be running into you here." I said casually, walking closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:59 pm

He nearly jumped when he heard someone speak and flushed a bit when he saw that it was Emmy.

"Hi there," he said, putting the sword back. He didn't really feel like pulling out an over used line like: want to see my other sword--so he just smiled.

"What brings you to these parts?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:04 pm

I tried to cover my smile with one of my hands when I noticed him jumping, knowing my eyes betrayed me. As long as he didn't hurt himself with the sword he had in his hands.. then I didn't mind spooking him like I did. I enjoyed making guys flush.

"Hi." I replied, moving my hand so that he could see my smile completely. I glanced toward the sword curiously as he put it back, but looked back and saw him just smiling. I was a bit surprised he didn't comment or anything like he'd done the first time I met him.

"Boredom, actually. And I hadn't ever been in here before.. so decided to take a peek." I explained. "How about you?" I paused, before smirking. "Seems like I caught you at a bad time." I mused. "I didn't mean to disrupt your daydream." I said playfully.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:08 pm

"So you thought a room with sharp pointy objects would curb your boredom?" Colin asked, leaning up against the wall and raised an eyebrow.

When she said that she didn't mean to interrupt his daydream, he smiled sheepishly and ran a hand through his hair.

"You didn't...I mean, it's okay," he said. Gah! Why was he being so tongue tied over a girl he'd only seen once before?
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:13 pm

I laughed at his description of the room, resting one of my hands on my hips as I took another look around. Well.. he was right, I had to admit. "No, but now I'm hoping that the wanna-be knight standing in front of me can." I replied cheekily, giving him a sweet and innocent grin.

I bit my lip to hide my smirk when he stumbled over his words. "So, how was your summer?" I decided to help him out by changing the subject, moving over to lean against the wall next to him, my eyes on his face.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:17 pm

He smiled sheepishly again when she said that she hoped he could curb her boredom. The daydream was really lame, he knew that. It just felt so cool; to be like the guys in the past.

"Meh, it was okay," he shrugged and blinked when he saw that Emmy was leaning right next to him. "Mum tried to hold a dinner party the last day before Hogwarts. Thank Merlin I managed to get her not to do it. I despise those parties."

"How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:21 pm

I was glad Colin didn't get offended by my teasing ways. It was how I was with everyone, and I never meant anything by what I said. It was good to know he was another person who could take jokes though. I couldn't stand being around someone who couldn't.

I nodded when he said it had only been 'okay,' chuckling at the thought of one of the large dinner parties. "Yeah, dinner parties aren't that fun.. other parties are a different story." I said with a smirk, before considering the question.

"Oh, mine was actually pretty good. Not really excited to be back at school, but oh well." I replied, suddenly antsy. I pushed myself off of the wall and ended up standing in front of Colin for a moment before I turned my back to him, looking around.

"You know anything about this place?"
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:26 pm

"Nothing really," Colin shook his head. "I just went exploring and figured: Hey, this room has sharp, pointy things that I could possibly hurt myself with. Let's go it!"

"Not really," he corrected himself. "I thought it'd be a good place to think."

He sighed. "You remember over the summer when you asked me if I had ever wanted to meet my father? I'm starting to reconsider my answer and it's scaring me somewhat."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Hearing that he didn't know anything about the place, I casually turned back around so that I could look at him. I regarded him for a moment when I heard his words, but chuckled when he clarified himself. "Well, considering not many people come in here.. yeah. It seems like a good place to think." I replied. I felt almost bad now for intruding on him.

My head tilted to the side when he sighed, detecting the sudden mood change almost instantly. I nodded when he questioned me, my expression softening as he continued to talk.

Glancing around I was somewhat surprised to see a couch placed off to the side a bit, near a window. I considered for a moment before heading toward it, gesturing for Colin to follow. "Why is it scaring you?" I asked. It seemed like he needed someone to talk to, and while we hadn't known each other for that long of a time, I didn't mind listening.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:38 pm

"I've hated the idea of my father so much for so long that the fact that I'm actually beginning to think that he might be out there is a little unnerving," Colin said. "I've even begun to make lists of where he might be."

"I haven't shown my mother the lists yet," Colin continued. "I've mainly stuffed them in books."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:43 pm

I took a seat on the couch, settling back against the cushions as I got comfortable. I was listening to everything Colin was saying though, and I waited until he was sitting next to me before I spoke, choosing my words carefully so that they would make sense.

"I suppose I understand, but.. it's natural to be curious." I reasoned. "I mean.. it's not a curse to want to know who your father is. Whether you hate him or not, there's nothing wrong with wanting to find him.." I knew I probably wasn't helping the situation. I sighed, placing my hands in my lap.

"You don't need to show her the lists if you don't want to." I pointed out. "She might be a help, yes. But.. if you don't want to upset her.." I paused to re-collect myself. "You should just make sure you're positive of wanting to find him first." I suggested.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Her first few words really didn't help much, Colin had to admit.

"I really don't want to upset her," Colin said. "Until I find him. Another part of me just wants to find him sot that Mum can curse his bits off for being absent for all of my life."

"That part's winning at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:57 pm

I hadn't ever been good when it came to words and comforting people. Perhaps that was part of the reason why I always kept my problems to myself. I was much more comfortable with sitting and listening to people, but I felt bad when I said nothing in reply. I could tell my first set of words hadn't exactly helped though, so I decided that I'd talk less and listen more.

"He does deserve that." I admitted with a small shrug, glancing down toward my hands. There were always two sides to every story, but his father certainly didn't sound like much of a winner. "Well, if you're sure you want to find him.." I began. "If you.." I paused. I didn't know how to word this correctly. "If you want help. I can offer my services.. it won't be easy doing it by yourself." I muttered.

I wasn't sure why, but I could feel my cheeks growing warm after I spoke. "I understand it's none of my business though. So forget I said anything." I finally said, rolling my eyes at myself. I was completely and utterly hopeless. Poor Colin, being stuck with my rambling mouth. Really, why was I having such a problem with it today?
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:00 am

"It's the finding him that's going to be the hard part," Colin said. "I don't know if he's a muggle or a wizard or if he's even human!"

"Though I hope he's human," he added. "I"m pretty sure I'm 100 % human so he must have been."

"Thanks Emmy," he smiled at her. "I didn't mean to saddle you with my problems."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

I frowned slightly without even realizing it when he mentioned the challenge it was going to be to find his father. Seeing as he didn't know what his father was.. "Well.." I began carefully, not wanting to barge in on a place I wasn't wanted. "What have you considered yourself your entire life? Chances are your mother wouldn't lie to you about that much in order to conceal your father's identity.." I offered, not knowing if that would be a help.

I cracked a small smile at his mention of being human. I reached out and playfully poked him on the chest. "Seem human to me." I said with a smirk.

I nodded when he thanked me, before shrugging. "It's fine. I don't mind. I'm a much better listener then I am talker though." I said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Colin snorted. "Mum never mentioned him unless I asked. And seeing how it tended to get her agitated, I never asked much."

He chuckled when Emmy poked him. "Well, I'm glad I passed the Emmy Human check," he said with a smirk.

"Aren't we all?" he said when Emmy said that she was a much better listener than a talker.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I felt my eyebrow arching a bit, but I supposed I could understand. In a way, I wasn't sure if I would feel all that comfortable not knowing if I was a Muggleborn, Pureblood or Halfblood, but it wasn't Colin's fault that his mother didn't want to share it with him. I decided to keep my thoughts to myself, chuckling at his words. "You should be glad. Although poking isn't really all that effective..." I mused thoughtfully.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I shrugged. "Well. No. Psychiatrists are a little of both." I lamely pointed out before covering my cheeks with my hands. "I'm hopeless today!" I muttered, glancing down toward the floor.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:00 pm

"I think I'd look different though if my mom...." Colin stopped there and flushed vibrantly. Despite the fact that he was a ladies man, or thought he was anyway, the idea of his mother having sex with someone was beyond disturbing! "If my mom did the deed with a non human," he continued.

"Psychiatrists are crazy," he muttered under his breath, remembering a few his grandmother went to.

"Meh, I'm hopeless everyday." he told her. "We've all got our bad days."
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

I couldn't help but giggle at the unexpected flush that took over Colin's entire face. I bit down on my lower lip quickly though to swallow my laughter, not wanting him to think I was laughing specifically at him. "I bet you think of yourself as a womanizer, and yet you can't even say the three letter word..." I teased with a wink. I knew he wouldn't mind. As for mentioning the womanizer part.. well. I remembered how he'd hit on me the first time we'd met. He seemed to just be a natural flirt, nothing wrong with that. It was fun. "That's true though."

I caught what he muttered under his breath and sighed. "Yeah, they usually are." I replied, although I wasn't sure if I had been meant to. Oh well.

I glanced up and gave him a slightly grateful smile. "Nah.. don't say that." I replied. "Bad days.. still. Maybe I ought to just keep my mouth shut." I replied, picking up an imaginary key and 'locking' the side of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Colin wondered how embarrassing it would be if he put his fingers in his ears and started going LA-LA-LA!

"I can say the three letter word," he protested. "It's just when it pertains to my mother I've got problems with it."

Colin pouted when Emmy pretended to lock her mouth. "If I tell you what my daydream was about, will you keep talking?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Another look of amusement danced across my face as we continued to refer to it as the 'three letter word.' "I suppose.. that's a valid reason.." I said with exaggerated slowness, giving him another smirk. I would admit, thinking about that word associated with either of my parents.. yeah. Gross. Poor Colin and what I'd been putting him through.

I felt one of my eyebrows rising when he pouted, although the look was pretty cute. I pretended to glance up in thought, debating whether that was a good enough bargain. "You must really like the sound of my voice if you're willing to embarrass yourself in order to keep me talking." I said matter-of-factly, although I was grinning.

So I was a flirt sometimes too.. what was wrong with that? We both were, it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Ignoring her last statement, Colin said, "I was imagining myself as one of the knights in the olden times. Back during the times of King Arthur and Merlin; going to save the fair maiden."

He winked at Emmy after he said that. Two could play at the flirting game could they not?
Back to top Go down
Emmaleah Montague

Emmaleah Montague

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I smirked smugly when he ignored my comment, leaning back against the cushions of the couch although my body was turned towards his as I listened. I had to chuckle when he winked at me after explaining his daydream.

"Oh, noble knight.. save me from my tower! Defeat the fire-breathing dragon!" I said dramatically and in an old English accent, drawing one of my hands across my forehead and tilting my head back in a perfect "maiden in distress" pose. I fought to keep myself completely serious. "Please rescue me!"

I ended up smirking as I glanced down toward him. Maybe he'd be staring at me like I had five heads, but that was just my personality. I didn't mind acting dumb around someone - it was all in fun.
Back to top Go down
Colin Blair

Colin Blair

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

"Don't worry m'lady!" Colin said, mimicking the deep voice of a knight. "I shall slay the foul beast and rescue you!"

He went to stand and somehow tripped over his own feet, landing on top of Emmy in the process.

"Hmm, don't get used to good looking guys landing on you," he said in a somewhat flirty manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!    A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!  Empty

Back to top Go down

A room with sharp pointy objects....COOL!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next