Hogwarts: The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lesson One: Alohamora

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alliana Stone

Alliana Stone

Lesson One: Alohamora Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Alliana would admit that while she wasn't exactly thrilled to be back at school and starting classes again, she was glad that her first class that she would be attending was Charms. She hadn't taken it last year and immensely regretted it, so for her last year she'd been quick to sign up for the class. Her brother had done the same but she didn't mind having similar classes with her twin. Of course, he was the single person who knew the most about her and while their relationship had been a bit rocky as of late, she still was happy she could potentially spend more time with him.

She'd gotten ready with all the supplies she'd need and waited patiently for her brother, and while he looked less then thrilled to be going to class, it didn't alter her cheerful mood. She kept up a small conversation on their way to class, and once they got there she greeted her other classmates. She slid into a seat with Alex by her side, and glanced up toward the board. She noticed that the Professor had left the assignment up on the board.

Quote :
Today you will be practicing the Unlocking Charm (Alohamora).
Practice the charm until you're able to perform it without difficulty.
Pages 112-114 in your textbook will assist you.
For homework, practice the charm somewhere else in the building.
Next class, I will expect you to be able to perform the charm on the first try.
After you achieve the charm, you may leave class.

With a shrug Alli picked up her wand and opened her textbook to the first page, beginning to read the first paragraph so that she'd have a good feel for what she was doing. She'd practiced the charm a couple of times before, but it never hurt to make sure she knew what she was doing.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Stone

Alexander Stone

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Alex followed Alli into their Charms classroom, taking his seat faithfully on the side of his twin. Wordlessly he read the direction on the board before hauling his book out of his backpack. Letting it land with a plop in front of him, he opened up to the correct page and began to read, much like Alli had.

It was strange, the way they did the same exact things without even really thinking about it. He shrugged slightly as he quickly began to scan through the pages of information he needed in order to refresh his memory, before picking up his wand and beginning to twirl it in between his fingers, rather impatient to get started.

Once he felt confident enough to try, he stood up and walked over to one of the locked chests situated in a line on the Professor's desk. Picking it up he wandered back over to his desk before taking a seat, getting situated before he took a deep breath. Pointing his wand directly at the lock, he positioned his hand like the book had told him to. "Alohamora!" Of course nothing happened his first time.. as expected.

He'd just have to keep trying, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 am

Gwen entered the classroom slowly and carefully as to not accidently bump into a desk with her cane.
Snickers slithered around her back and rested his head on her shoulder. The large black snake then hissed the instructions to her and slithered off to retrieve her something to unlock and came back with a small box.
She nodded as he told her where it was and she pointedher wand..at him and unfortunately not the box causing multiple paniced hisses to emit from the snarky reptile.
"NO! nonono Mistressssss! Don´t unlock me!!!" She gasped and bit back a laugh as she let him guide her wand hand.
Normally she knew where things were, but she was a bit tired. "Alohamora!"
Nothing.
Gahhh.
Stupid box.
Snix snickered (hehehe) and she pinched his mouth shut.
"Shush you, I will unlock you." she teased in parsle softly.
Back to top Go down
Alliana Stone

Alliana Stone

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Alli glanced over toward her brother as he began practicing the charm, chuckling when he didn't have much success. She figured he wouldn't, much like herself. She usually always had to practice for a good twenty minutes to a half an hour before she was able to perform the charm. It took another few minutes for her to actually perfect it enough to be able to leave class. She wasn't in a rush though and she didn't mind if Alex finished before her. At least his mood was somewhat improved as of late.

After reading for a few minutes longer she smoothly closed her book, the same time someone walked in. She glanced up and after a moment recognization registered across her face. "Gwen!" She said happily, not having seen the girl for a while. She'd been at Ian's party but she hadn't gotten much of a chance to talk to her.. "Hey, how've you been?" She glanced toward Alex tentatively, who had stopped to stare at the pair. He smiled slightly though and greeted Gwen as well before going back to practicing.

She retrieved the chest from the Professor's desk before moving back to her seat. Picking up her wand she began practicing. It took about four times for her to get the charm to work.

She decided to keep practicing for a while longer just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Julie Pulie

Julie Pulie

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:58 am

Julie ducked into the classroom, her schedule running a little later then she'd like it. She made a face at the instructions on the chalkboard but propped herself up on a desk nonetheless, sliding Caesar down her sleeve. She glanced over to the other students in the classroom already and grinned. "Hallo," she said friendlily, flipping open the textbook on her lap.

She scanned the pages directed and pointed her wand at the chest across from her. She muttered the spell and looked up expectantly. The lock on the chest shifted a little to the left. Julie scowled and poked her tongue out at it, before trying again.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Stone

Alexander Stone

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Alex glanced up when he heard the voice of another girl, and although he didn't think he knew her personally he was aware that she was in the same house as him. "Hey." He said in reply, twirling his wand around his index finger before sighing and going back to practicing.

He'd done it three times now and all he'd managed to do was get the lock to shift in place. Perhaps he just wasn't focusing enough, and so he took a few moments to re-gather his thoughts. With a deep breath he began attempting again, and on the fifth try he achieve what he wanted. He sighed in relief.

He continued to practice though, knowing he needed it if he were going to have to do it flawlessly at the beginning of the next class.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Knight

Jordan Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Jordan clicked into the classroom, her heels hitting the floor sharply. She glanced at the board and took a empty seat. " Hey Alex," she said as she passed by him. Jordan then grabbed a lock and set to work practicing the spell, she wanted to get out of class as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:47 am

I heard a familiar voice,
"Oh Alli! Hi! I´m great, everythings great" I grinned, God, finally having Evan as my boyfriend and being away from him was driving me nuts.
"I´m gonna guess that the other voice was Alex?" I asked unsure because Snix was playing offended and not telling me.
However he told me Jordan was there.
calllllm down.....killing, maiming and attacking are frowned upon.
Snickers hissed smirking.
God what had happened? I used to consider Jor a really close friend, we had so much in common.
Yeah..
Too much in common.
It was hard to believe Evan had picked me, Jor was beautiful, that I could definately remember.
Well, I´d rather not question why and just be happy he did.
"And how are you Alli?" I asked while letting Snickers guide my wand hand to where the box was and then flicking my wrist with no avail.
Grrr, I´d get this spell...
Back to top Go down
Alexander Stone

Alexander Stone

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Alex glanced up when he heard his name, although a smile appeared on his face when he saw Jordan walking by. "Hey Jordan." He replied, but set right back to work after greeting the blonde. She seemed like she didn't want to be here, and part of him didn't blame her. Might as well focus in order to quickly get out of here.

He did the spell a few more times and ended up acheiving what he wanted, but he decided to practice just a couple of more times. He was about to try again when he heard his name once more, and he glanced up. His eyes fell on the girl from before though, and he realized it was Gwen. "Yup, it's me, Gwen." He replied with a chuckle, remembering that he'd heard that she'd gone blind. Poor girl. He hadn't spoken to her much since the beginning of last year. But she had been nice from what he could remember.

He focused on his spell again. Two more times, and he would be done.
Back to top Go down
Jordan Knight

Jordan Knight

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Jordan heared hissing behind her and turned her body around to find the source of the noise. There was Gwen, with a snake Jordan rememebered she had, twirling around her. The snake met Jordan's eyes and... did it smirk? Jordan quickly turned back around and shook the weird feeling off.

There was no reason for Jordan to be mean to Gwen, well maybe there was but Jordan wasn't that type of girl. She looked mean, but Jordan only really defended herself. And Gwen hadn't attacked her, yet, which was a bit surprising to Jordan. Jordan was also surprised Gwen had taken Evan back. Evan was a great guy but if Jordan had know...

And she couldn't even think of what she'd do if Evan was her boyfriend and he had cheated on her with Gwen. But maybe Gwen didn't know. She and Evan never really talked about Gwen in detail.... but back to the spell. Jordan was sure she'd get it soon, and be out of this classroom and away from the snake.
Back to top Go down
Gwen DeArbour

Gwen DeArbour

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:24 am

"Snickers what the hell?" I murmured in surprise as he started hissing and stopped guiding my hand so my Alohamora was accidently aimed at Alex. But he didnt stop he kept hissing and I caught him mutter *Jordan*
"Snicker goddamnit, behave!" I hissed in parsle making him stop.
He wasnt happy but he started helping me again. "God you are so strange sometimes Snix, honestly."
I kept working on the spell and managed to get the box to shake.
Ohdear...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Alohamora   Lesson One: Alohamora Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: Alohamora
Page 1 of 1